Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May Flowers

April showers bring May flowers...

I sat here tonight thinking about how full my heart is. April did prove to have quite a few showers, but moving on to May reminds me that I have lots & lots of beautiful "flowers" in my life.

I have been thinking about one of the most beautiful "flowers"a great deal lately. Our family has been blessed with a FANTASTIC kindergarten teacher for Darby who loves her for her spunk and has spent countless hours investing in "growing" my child. Thank you Sharon Henslee for reinforcing the ABC's & 123's but more importantly for loving my kiddo when her world has been turned upside down. I appreciate your heart. I can affirm that you are doing something right when my kiddo comes home and wants to "play" school. Thank you Mrs. Henslee. Darby thinks you hung the moon and I think you are a rock star!

My hometown continues to make my heart full by the many folks who have also been "flowers" to our family. The Jasper Newsboy has a great article in today's edition about the Jasper Community coming together for Parson Blue. Wow - my cup overflows. Thank you friends for filling our cup.

Today, my favorite "flower" played hookie and came for a quick visit. Rodney, aka SuperDad has been an absolute champ while we practice our "man to man" defense parenting. He has conquered laundry, sight words, stomach viruses, cooking supper, bath time, yard work, strep throat, dress up time and SO much more without the first complaint. All of that and Superman's cape hasn't shown the first sign of a rip, tear, or tatter. It was great to see him today. I am crazy about him and so in love after 18 years. Dog gone, I have got it good. My heart is so full.

MayDay! MayDay! MayDay! After 87 days in the hospital, having a really sick kiddo, not sleeping in my own bed, and really missing my family and all the comforts of home -- somehow I am blinded by the "flowers". My heart is full of good cheer. In spite of my current circumstances, and thanks to all of the "flowers" in my life -- I am the goofy one in room 6 that is skipping around the May pole.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine..." - Proverbs 17:22













No comments:

Post a Comment