Monday, May 6, 2013

Hello Monday. Turn It Up.

Parson had a fantastic night last night - (translation....no extra meds or interventions needed to make it through the night. )

Bam. Then HELLO MONDAY! Par's
Day shift nurse arrived and checked her vitals. Fever. Ugh. My worst fear while we wait. (sigh) I live in a constant state of fear of infection. So docs ordered a viral panel & blood cultures. This meant that I had to call in the "big guns" and break out the work day playlist. I didn't have any other choice. (Remember back a few months ago, I told you people that music moves me.)

First, a little "Whom Shall I Fear - Angel Armies" from Chris Tomlin. (Had to turn it up half way thru). Next a little "Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave. (Turned it up again.) Ah yes, can't forget "Miracle" by Third Day. (This one seemed especially good given today's new fever. I certainly could use a miracle TODAY.) I chased those with "For Once in My Life" by Sammy Davis Jr. and "Just the Way you Are" and "Treasure" by Bruno Mars. Ahhh. I'm feeling better already :-) All that good music inspired me to make a new playlist - I named it "Good Music for a Good Day". Creating the new playlist kept me busy for the next hour or so while Parson slept.

She was very happy while she rested, but boy oh boy, when she woke up she came alive. Heart rate began to climb, peak pressures were rising, and her SATs began to drop. After several interventions we took the "show on the road" again. We are back down in the PICU where the plan is to X-ray, sedate & paralyze to decrease her work of breathing and heart rate.

When you say your prayers tonight, please say a prayer for PDiddy. As for her momma, I think it is time to TURN UP the music. Time for more "Good Music for a Good Day". I'm gonna start by turning up "Believe" by Cher -- "Cause I know that I'll get through this. Cause I know that I am strong." Sing it sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment