Monday, February 25, 2013

Busy Chickens

Well the chickens have been busy out on River Ridge Road. I guess they know Easter is coming so these crazy ladies have been hiding eggs. Check out the pic below. They laid 15 eggs in the baby swing on top of the swing set/slide! When Rodney sent me the pic of the hidden chicken eggs, it got me thinking about Easter and Springtime. Darby colored Parson the sweetest pictures that are hanging here in her baby bed. The message on the pictures is "Spring is for Easter, When all things are new... a time to be thankful that Jesus loves you!"

Parson has had a great couple of days. Really back to her "old" self. It makes me SO happy. I think she is charming the staff since she gave them such a scare last Friday -- It is almost as if she is making peace. This morning she had an upper GI test to prepare for surgery. There are a few other tests pending as well. As of now, it looks like surgery will be Friday but surgeons are still working out the details. This morning Dr Mallory and I visited briefly about a transplant. He mentioned that many of the tests Parson has undergone already are part of the lung transplant "work up". This along with the pending surgery for trach & GTube would put her in a good place for transplant and the need to go on "the list". In the meantime, we are just hanging out and enjoying the high flow oxygen.

Darby has got a great new smile -- She lost her first tooth and had a visit from the tooth fairy last night. She has been coughing up a storm and woke up about 2am and coughed the tooth right out. The tooth fairy left her a gold coin and she is very proud.

When all things are new...
New smiles, new surgeries, new eggs.
Seems like there is a whole lotta "new" going on for our little family. Everyday when I wake up something is new. I found a great verse today that helps me hold on for any kind of "new".

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” -- Lamentations 3:22-24

Somedays lately the "new" has been very scary, especially related to Parson's status. Soon we will have a completely new routine. Other days, the "new" is exciting like Darby loosing a tooth. She has been waiting for this day for at least two years. Now the old tooth is gone and it will soon be replaced. In fact, the neighbor tooth is already loose too.

Whether the "new" is scary or exciting, one thing is for sure - My hope is in HIM.



No comments:

Post a Comment