Sunday, February 24, 2013

PDiddy's Great day

Woooohooo! Today was a great day. Probably the best day yet. No major respiratory spells so we got to move from ICU to progressive care (critical care step down unit). We have a TV for the oscars and I can stay in the room where we have a shower too. :) I am across the hall from the lounge with a washer & dryer - I feel like I have won the lottery. Jackpot! ... It's the little things.

Mom has been here most of this past week to help me keep things straight. Don't know what I would do without her. Rodney and Darby also came for a visit this weekend. They were certainly a good "shot in the arm" to start week 4 in the hospital. Darby colored the sweetest pictures to hang in Parson's crib.

Parson's biggest fan, Dr. George Fidone stopped by to see her today. Just a little "house call" all the way from Lufkin. It did me a world of good to see him because I trust his judgement and value his opinion tremendously (plus he has walked me through every step of this healthcare crisis with Parson so far). I filter EVERYTHING through him and I know without a doubt that I would have already gone NUTS without his guidance. He has gone WAY above and beyond for Parson and me. He definitely has my vote for president of the PDiddy Fan Club. (If you are looking for a great pediatrician, head on over to The Children's Clinic in Lufkin and tell him that PDiddy sent you.)

Early this week we will have a consult with the ENT docs and others to work out details of surgery for the tracheostomy and the GTube (feeding tube). The surgery will be the first step to begin the journey home.

I am SO thankful for today. Parson needed a good day. I needed a good day. Tomorrow I will practice "being still" to prepare for the road ahead. I don't know what is ahead, but HE knows the way.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” - Exodus 14:14



2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your good news!!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date! We are thanking the Lord and praying for a week full of wonderful days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. precIous photos...and so happy for your good day...and for all the love and support surrounding your precious baby and family...praying for you guys

    ReplyDelete