Saturday, February 2, 2013

Dead Tree

When we bought this house, we began the remodel process while we were living 1/2 mile down the road. We must have made the trip back and forth one million times. Each time I turned into the driveway, I would look at the same dead tree and think that we needed to cut it down as soon as we got done with the interior remodel. Well, it is a good thing it took us a while with the interior remodel because you have to know my surprise one day when I turned into the driveway and discovered that the dead tree was BLOOMING!

Two years later I love that little tree. It is beginning to bloom now. It is just such a mystery. It sheds all of its leaves and gets really ugly looking in the winter. Then before you know it - without a single leaf in sight, the silly tree is busting out with blooms.

I am a lot like that little tree. It is a new season around here and new things are popping up out of nowhere. Guess it is a good thing that God didn't chop me down during the remodel process.

"Behold I make all things new" -Revelation 21:5

No comments:

Post a Comment